Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get started:

Call or email Having Our Say at or 347.559.1517 to discuss your concerns and determine if your child might need therapy. You can also fill out the Contact Us form here and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible. 

Do you provide therapy in a clinic?:

At Having Our Say we know children learn best in their natural environments, where they spend most of their time. This is why we provide services in the exact place a child will be using their newly acquired skills.  We provide in-home, preschool and community-based speech and language therapy in Serving Northern NJ: Fort Lee, Edgewater, Cliffside Park, Ridgefield, Ridgefield Park, Palisades Park, and surrounding areas.

Do you take insurance?:

We do not accept insurance. We are an out-of-network service provider. Clients will be provided with a superbill to submit to their insurance company. The superbill will outline services rendered and the amount charged and paid. Please contact us for therapy rates.


If you have out-of-network benefits, you may be able to seek reimbursement from your insurance company. Having Our Say makes no guarantees concerning coverage of therapy services. Clients are responsible for checking out-of-network benefits prior to beginning therapy and submitting superbills.​



Typical Speech & Language Development - ASHA


Speech & Language Disorders  - ASHA


Identify the Signs of a Communication Disorder


Language-Based Learning Disabilities (Reading, Spelling, and Writing)


Feeding & Swallowing Disorders - ASHA


The Stuttering Foundation


Children and Adults with ADHD


Special Education Guide